Saturday 21 December 2013

Career

Today I've decided to rant about professions and creativity. The thing is that when I tell someone that I plan to study fashion design, they instantly start calling me designer. And I'm like 'Whaaa?? You think I'd sit here talking to you if I was a fashion designer??? I'd travel the world looking for fascinating experiences that would inspire me rather than sitting and talking to someone.' I don't even like being called a designer and I won't even when I'll finish my studies. Why? Because it shortens others view to you. I'm no designer, nor I'll ever be. I'm a creator who likes to express my thoughts through my work, my creations. And calling yourself a designer is even worse. It's like 'Ooo, look at me! I'm a Fashion Designer!' or 'ooo, look at me! Such artist! Wow!' That's not how you do arts. You need to show who you are rather than calling yourself something your not. Cause if it works that way, then maybe I'll call Jamie Campbell Bower my boyfriend and he'll instantly become one.THAT'S NOT HOW THINGS WORK!
On the other topic, I've heard that if you're not afraid of your dreams, you're not dreaming big enough. But if my dream is not that big but I'm terrified of it, is it good or bad? I know that designer career is not the most secure one but I don't want waste my time on something I'm not interested in. Well, I'm not one of those who follows fashion blindly and my most worn clothing piece is sweatshirt but I want to create fashion, to set trends, not follow them. I'm not a great leader when it comes to team work, but it's just because the task of the team is not in my field. But with fashion I like being weird, I like challenge myself with difficulties and others with my weirdness.
Well, that's all for today!
~Weirdode

No comments:

Post a Comment